10m (33 ft) USB 3.0 Hybrid AOC
The USB 3.0 Hybrid Active Optical cables resolve one limitation of pure optical cables which cannot supply power to the end device.
On the basis of the use of a thin profile (3.7 mm) optical fiber as the transmission medium, the Hybrid AOC integrates copper to supply power both the active components of the cable and the device(s), in the case they are bus powered.
The USB 3.0 Hybrid AOC can extend the USB 3.0 bus up to 50 meters or 164 ft with a maximum bandwidth speed of 5 Gbps and features a Micro-B connector with screw lock support, making it ideal for machine vision & industrial applications.
- Maximum Length: 50m
- Maximum transmission speed: 5 Gbps
- Maximum power: 900mA/5V for the device
- Hot-plugging, no driver required
- Host side: USB 3.0 Type-A plug. Connector dimensions: 44mm / 27mm/ 13mm
Auxiliary power supply for devices with more than 2W power dissipation via USB 2.0 Micro-B connector.
- Device side: USB 3.0 Micro-B plug with locking screws. Connector dimensions: 36.5mm / 22mm /8.5mm
- Cable diameter: 3.7 mm
- Bend radius: 20 mm
- Supply voltage: 4.75 – 5.25V
- Power dissipation: 3.15W
- Device supply current: Max 5V/900mA (up to 30m), 600 mA for 50m
- Operating conditions: 0′ 50′ C, 15%-85% humidity
- Max temperature gradient: 6′ C per hour
- Compliance: CE/RoHS/UL 758